Friday, November 27, 2020
Friday, November 20, 2020
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Sunday, November 15, 2020
The day was starting to run quite late. So, we are going to start on Friday afternoon. The Jacobite History in Edinburgh presentation will now run at 3:30 pm on Friday, Nov 27th. This is eastern time. Robert will be available afterwards to answer any questions that you might have.
There will only be the one presentation on the Friday. Then we will gather again on Saturday and start our day at 8:30 with Gillebride MacMillan giving us a Gaelic lesson. This presentation will be live.
Following Gillebride, we will have the presentation by Professor Marjory Harper with her wonderful presentation where we actually hear from Scots who left Scotland.
And we round the morning off with Lorna Steele from the Highland Archive Services.
The afternoon will begin with Alison Diamond who is the archivist for the Duke of Argyll.
Alison will be followed by Alexander Thomson who will tell us about the Highland Scots who left Scotland through the port of Cromarty and will tell us about the ships they sailed on.
And we finish up the day with British Military expert, Paul Nixon who will help us learn more about our ancestors who were in the Scottish regiments.
To register: https://www.
Friday, November 13, 2020
Thursday, November 12, 2020
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
This Week's Genealogy with a Canadian Twist Webinar: Reconciling Unsettling Truths About Our Ancestors
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Monday, November 9, 2020
Friday, November 6, 2020
Registration for the ViC ends on November 26th. That’s less than three weeks away. We have an amazing line up of presenters and topics and I am so excited to bring this level of education and talent to you
- Gillebride MacMillan will teach us Gaelic
- Professor Marjory Harper will share the voices of the Highland Diaspora
- Lorna Steele will share the resources available through the Highland Archive Services
- Sandy Thomson will tell us about the Emigrants left from the harbour at Cromarty
- Alison Diamond give us a glimpse into the records held within private collections and estate papers
- Paul Nixon will help us track our Scottish ancestors who were in the military
- Robert Howie will give us a lesson on the amazing Jacobite history of Edinburgh.
To register: https://www.genealogyvic.com/ST-ANDREWS-DAY-ViC